Canon XA15 Camcorder detailed description
Canon XA15 Camcorder.
Canon XA15 Camcorder is a good recording video camera that lets you record all your best moments in Full-HD. Canon XA15 Camcorder lets you record in MP4 and AVCHD formats.
20X Optical Zoom.
Canon XA15 Camcorder comes with a 20X optical zoom lens that lets you take high-quality videos from afar. With the subject being far, you don’t need to get close to take your videos.
Canon XA15 Camcorder comes with a DIGIC DV4 Image Processor and a Canon HD CMOS Pro Sensor that lets you record Full-HD videos. Even in low light conditions, you get to take clear, bright, and detailed videos.
AVCHD and MP4 Recording.
Canon XA15 Camcorder lets you record either in AVCHD or MP4 format or both of them if you want to. This saves you the time it would have taken to convert the files to relevant formats.
Canon XA15 Camcorder comes with multiple interfaces. It comes with two XLR inputs for high-quality audio, optional GPS support, an HDMI terminal, a headphone jack, and an HD-SDI interface.
Canon XA15 Camcorder Specifications.
- Sensor: 1/2.84-inch type HD CMOS Pro
- Filter: RGB Primary Color Filter (Bayer array)
- Total Pixels: 3.09 megapixels (2208 x 1398)
- Effective pixels per sensor: 2.91 megapixels (2136 x 1362)
- Minimum illumination: Low Light Mode Approx. 0.1 Lx.
Auto Mode (Auto Slow Shutter selected Approx. 1.0Lx
- Horizontal Resolution: 900 TV lines (External via SDI, XA15)
- Zoom ratio: 20 x Optical
- Focal length: 3.67 – 73.4mm (35mm equivalent: 28.8 – 576mm)
- Minimum focus distance: 60cm (throughout zoom range); 10mm (Wide MACRO setting)
- ND filter: Built-in gradation ND filter
- Zoom control: Zoom rockers on the body and handle; Selectable manual zoom/focus ring on the lens; Selectable High Speed and Soft Zoom modes available.
- Zoom Speed: Zoom Rocker: Variable speed/Fixed speed (Fast/Normal/Slow, 16-speed level settings available in each mode);
Grip zoom: Fixed speed (Fast/Normal/Slow, 16-speed level settings available in each mode)
Zoom Ring: As operation speed
- Focus control: Manual control via focus ring, automatic (Instant AF, Medium AF, TV AF, Face Detection AF, Face Only AF), Push AF
- Iris control: Ring control; Full Auto
- Aperture range: f1.8 – f16
- Filter diameter: 58mm
- Lens elements/groups: 12/10
- Aperture blades: 8 Blade Circular Aperture
- Image stabilization system: Dynamic IS and Powered IS, 5 Axis image stabilization
- Digital zoom/Teleconverter: 2 x Tele Converter, x400 Digital Zoom
- Type: DIGIC DV 4
- Sampling accuracy: 4:2:0 AVCHD/MP4
- Bit depth: 8 bits
- Exposure metering: Center-weighted average metering: In the P, Av, Tv, Cinema, Portrait, Sports, Low Light and IR modes
Segment evaluative metering: Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight, Night modes
No metering: Fireworks; Fixed exposure [1/60 sec. (PAL: 1/50 sec.)],
M (manual exposure);
- Exposure control: AUTO mode: Smart Auto,
- Manual mode: P, Tv, Av, M (manual exposure), SCN (Portrait, Sports, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Night, Low Light, Spotlight, Fireworks)
Cinema mode: P, Tv, Av, M
- Exposure Compensation: ± 12 steps, Displayed as EV value; 0 EV – ±3.0 EV
- Auto Exposure mode: Full Auto
- Push Auto Iris: No
- Gain Control setting: Full Auto/AGC Limit/Manual
- Auto Gain Control limit: In manual exposure (P, Av, and Tv modes): 0-24 dB (in 1 dB increments),
In the Cinema mode: 0-18 dB (in 1 dB increments),
In the Wide DR mode: 6-24 dB (in 1 dB increments)
- Gain setting: During M (manual) shooting: The gain can be set in 1 dB steps from 0 dB to 24 dB.
In the cinema mode: The gain can be set in 1 dB steps from 0 dB to 18 dB.
When Image Effects is set to “Look” and Wide DR is set, the lowest sensitivity is 6 dB
- Control Modes: Full Auto / Manual control (Auto; Speed; Angle; Clear Scan (CS); Slow Shutter (SLS); IR Slow Shutter)
- Shutter speed: 1/6 to 1/2000 depending on frame rate and operating mode
- Clear Scan: No
- Infrared shooting mode: YES (green or white)
- Built-in IR lamp: YES, in the handle unit
- Stored Configurations: Cinema Standard, Vivid, Dream, Cool, Sepia, Old Movies, Memory
Wide DR, Highlight Priority
- Storage Medium: SD/SDHC memory card
- Color Bars: YES (SMPTE or EBU), with 1KHz Tone (Tone via Audio Menu)
- Video storage media: SD Card x 2
Dual Format recording, Double slot (simultaneous) recording, and Relay (continuous) recording possible.
- Type: SD card Class 4 or higher, Class 6 & 10 recommended for 35Mbps MP4 recording
- Recording time: 128GB SD Card:MP4: up to 8 Hours (50P @35Mbps)
- AVCHD up to 10 hours 10 Minutes (5p @28Mbps)
- Recording file format: MPEG-4/AVC/H.264
- Recording format: AVCHD: 28/24/17/5Mbps
MP4: 35/24/17/9/3 Mbps;
All modes variable bit rate, 4:2:0 color sampling
- Recording frame rate (PAL model): AVCHD: 28Mbps 50.00P, 1920 x 1080, 24/17Mbps 1920 x 1080 50.00i/PF25; 5Mbps 1440 x 1080 50i/PF25
MP4: 35Mbps 1920 x 1080: 50P; 24/17Mbps 1920 x 1080:25P; 8/4 Mbps 1280 x 720: 25P; 3Mbps 640 x 360: 25P
- Slow/Fast motion: YES (MP4 recording Only)
50.00P (35 Mbps) x2 17.5 Mbps
25.00P (24 Mbps or 17 Mbps) x0.5, x2, x4, x10, x20, x60, x120, x1200
- Interval Record: NO
- Frame Record: YES. 2, 6 or 12 frames
- Pre Record (cache record): YES (3 seconds)
- Scan Reverse: YES. Vertical/horizontal/both
- Recording: 16-bit 4ch or 2ch (48 kHz) linear PCM
- Control: Audio limiter, Auto/manual settings via control dials on the handle
- Microphone attenuation: YES
- Microphone level meter: YES
- Photo storage media: SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card
- Still quality: During video recording: 1920 x 1080 in 1920 x 1080 or 1440 x 1080 mode, 1280 x 720; 1280 x 720 mode
During playback: 1920×1080
- Auto: New white sampling system FAWB. Settings include auto, set 1, set 2, color temperature setting, and pre-set.
- Preset: Six presets: [Daylight: approx. 5,400K], [Shade: approx. 8,000 – 8,500K], [Cloudy: approx. 6,500K], [Tungsten (incandescent or halogen bulb): approx. 3,100K], [Fluorescent H (3-wavelength fluorescent): approx. 7,000K], [Fluorescent (white fluorescent): 5,000K]
- Color temperature: The color temperature (Kelvin) setting ranges from 2,000K to 15,000K (in 100K steps).
- WB cannot be selected in the SCN or AUTO mode. Auto adjustment range: 2,800K – 8,000K
- Count up system: Regen, RecRun, Free Run, External, Hold
- Start value setting: “00:00:00:00”, Set/Reset selectable
- Type: Capacitive Touch Panel
- Size: 3.0-inch (7.5 cm)
- Dots: Approx. 460,000 dots
- Image quality adjustments: Brightness
- Adjustable: Yes
- Wave Form Monitor: No
- Focus Assist: Peaking; Magnifying; Edge Monitor (using waveform display)
- Peaking: Yes. Color selectable
- Zebra: Yes. 70% or 100%
- Markers: On/Off; Level (White/Grey), and Grid (White/Grey)
Electronic View Finder (EVF).
- Size: 0.24-inch (0.61 cm),
- Dots: approx. 1.56 million dots,
- Adjustable: Vertical tilt, up to 45°
- Field of View Coverage: 100%
- Correction lens: + 2.0 to -5 dioptre
- Audio in: x2 XLR Input on Handle Unit. Line, Mic or 48V Phantom Power), 3.5mm microphone input jack
- Headphone output: 3.5mm stereo jack
- HDMI: YES
- USB: YES (Mini-B, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, output only)
- HD/SD-SDI output: YES, BNC, output only, Video, embedded audio, and time code. (XA15 Only)
- LAN: No
- AV terminal: 3.5mm mini-jack (output only for video and audio)
- DC input: YES
- Remote Control Terminal: YES
- Tally lamp: YES, in Handle Unit
- Accessory shoe: YES (cold shoe)
- Custom Button Assignment: YES, 5 Assignable Buttons. Select from: Powered IS / BLC Always-On / Face Only AF / Video Snapshot / WB Priority / Pre-Rec / IR Light / Audio Output CH / [AF/MF] /Rec Review / Rec.Programs / BLC Always-On / White balance / AGC Limit / Focus / Exposure / Audio Scene / Mic level / Zoom / Image Stabilizer / Image Effects / [Off]
- Custom Dial: Yes. Tv/Av/Manual exposure/AGC Limit/Exposure/Off
- Wireless LAN standards: None
- Supported Wi-Fi Functions: None
- Supported Browser for Remote Operation: None
- Remote Operation Control Features: None
- Live view image Resolution: None
- Authentication Systems: None
- Encryption: None
- GPS Information (Optional Accessory): Real-time display of Latitude, Longitude, Elevation, UTC, and Satellite Reception
- Supplied: Lens hood with barrier, Mic holder unit (w/ screw), Handle unit (HDU-1), Compact power adapter (CA-570), AC cord, Battery Pack BP-820
- Optional: Canon Battery Pack BP-820 (supplied)/BP-828, Canon Compact Power Adapter CA-570 (supplied with XA15/XA11)
Canon Battery Charger CG-800E, Canon High-speed HDMI cable HTC-100, Canon High-speed HDMI cable HTC-100/High-speed HDMI cable HTC-100/S, Canon Stereo Video Cable STV-250N, Canon Interface Cable IFC-300PCU/S / IFC-400PCU, Canon Tele Converter TL-H58, Canon Wide Attachment WA-H58,
Canon Soft Carrying Case SC-1000, SC-2000, Canon Wrist Strap WS-20, Canon Shoulder Strap SS-600/650, Canon PROTECT Filter 58 mm, Canon ND4-L Filter 58 mm, Canon ND8-L Filter 58 mm, Canon GPS Receiver GP-E2
Canon Battery Video Light VL-10Li/VL-10LiII
Canon Battery Pack BP-900 series (for VL-10Li/VL-10LiII)
Canon Compact Power Adapter CA-910/920/930 (charges BP-900 series battery packs)
Canon Car Battery Adapter CB-910/920 (for charging the BP-900 series)
- Power Consumption: Max 4.9W (Approx.) MP4 recording, 35Mbps
- Battery: BP-820(supplied)BP-828 (Optional)
- Continuous Recording Time: MP4 recording, 35Mbps: 145 Minutes (BP-820); 220 Minutes (BP-828) (approx.)
Size and Weights.
- Dimensions: Approx. 131 x 180 x 231 mm (approx. 5.2 x 7.1 x 9.1 in.) [Including lens hood, mic holder unit, and handle unit]
- Weight (camera only): XA15: Approx. 750 g (1.7 lb) XA11: Approx. 745 g (1.6 lb)
- Weight (fully equipped): XA15: Approx. 1140 g (2.5 lb)
XA11: Approx. 1135 g (2.5 lb)
Includes lens hood, mic holder unit, handle unit, BP-820, and 1 memory card
- Operating Temperature range: Approx. -5 to 45°C, 60% (relative humidity)
Approx. 0 to 40°C, 85% (relative humidity)