Canon 800D DSLR Camera detailed description
The quality your photography deserves.
An APS-C-sized, next-generation 24.2-megapixel sensor captures amazing detail, even in difficult conditions.
Be spontaneous. Be creative.
The EOS 800D is satisfyingly fast to use, with 6 frames-per-second continuous shooting and a bright optical viewfinder that shows the world in real-time. When composing pictures on the camera’s Vari-Angle screen, the world’s quickest Live View AF system* focuses in as little as 0.03 sec, for pin-sharp results.
Satisfyingly fast to use.
Responsive performance and 6fps continuous shooting let you capture the most fleeting moments.
Extend your perspective.
Shoot photos and movies from low-down or overhead, using the EOS 800D’s Vari-Angle touch screen to compose the scene. Focus and shoot with a single tap.
Movies made easy.
Image stabilized Full HD movies look superb on the web and on your home TV, with moving objects kept in sharp focus.
Simple wireless sharing and control.
Connect to your smartphone or tablet in an instant for image sharing and remote camera control. Buy Canon 800D DSLR Camera at the best price online from Tushop Digital Hub
- Type: 22.3mm x 14.9 mm CMOS
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 24.20 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 25.80 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Low-Pass Filter: Built-in/Fixed
- Sensor Cleaning: EOS integrated cleaning system
- Colour Filter: Primary Colour
- Type: DIGIC 7
- Lens Mount: EF/EF-S
- Focal Length: Equivalent to 1.6x the focal length of the lens
- Image Stabilisation: Optical Image Stabilizer on compatible lens
Movie: In-camera 5-axis Digital IS available. Further stabilization enhancements from lenses compatible with Dynamic IS
- Type: Via optical viewfinder: TTL-CT-SIR with a CMOS sensor
Via live view on LCD screen: Dual Pixel CMOS AF System. Phase detection pixels built onto the imaging sensor
- AF System/Points: Via optical viewfinder: 45 cross-type AF points
(45 f/5.6 cross-type AF points, 27 f/8 points (9 cross-type), the center point is f/2.8 and f/5.6 dual cross-type)Via live view on LCD screen: Maximum 49 AF points (Fixed location on 7×7 grid) via camera automatic selection
Freely position 1 AF point/ 1 AF Zone (9 points, 3×3 grid) via manual selection
- AF Working Range: Via optical viewfinder: EV -3 – 18 (at 23 °C & ISO 100) with center AF point & f/2.8 or brighter lenses
Via live view on LCD screen: EV -2 – 18 (at 23 °C & ISO 100) with One-Shot AF
- AF Modes: AI Focus
AI Servo (AI Servo II algorithm)
- AF Point Selection: Via optical viewfinder: Automatic selection: 45 points AF
Manual selection: Single-point AF
Manual selection: Zone AFManual selection: Large Zone AF
- Selected AF Point Display: Indicated by a transmissive LCD in the viewfinder and Quick Control screen
- Predictive AF: Yes
- AF Lock: Locked when the shutter button is pressed halfway in One-Shot AF mode or AF-ON Button is pressed.
- AF Assist Beam: Intermittent firing of built-in flash (effective range up to 4.0 m) or emitted by optional dedicated Speedlite
- Manual Focus: Selected on lens
- Metering Modes: Via optical viewfinder:7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
Metering with the area divided into 63 segments (9 × 7)
(1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 6.0 % of viewfinder)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 3.5 % of viewfinder)
(4) Center-weighted average meteringVia live view on LCD screen:
(1) Evaluative metering (315 zones)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 6.0 % of the LCD screen)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 2.6 % of the LCD screen)
(4) Center-weighted average metering
- Metering Range: Via optical viewfinder:EV 1-20 (at 23 °C with 50mm f/1.4 lens ISO 100)Via live view on LCD screen:
EV 1-20 (at 23 °C, ISO 100, evaluative metering)
- AE Lock: Auto: In One-shot AF mode with evaluative metering exposure is locked when the focus is achieved.
Manual: By AE Lock Button in creative zone modes.
- Exposure Compensation: +/-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).
- AEB: 3 shots +/-3 EV 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto (100-25600), 100-25600 (in 1/3-stop or whole stop increments)
ISO can be expanded to H: 51200
During Movie shooting: Auto (100-12800), 100-12800 (in 1/3-stop or whole stop increments) ISO can be expanded to H: 25600
- Type: Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter
- Speed: 30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Type: Automatic white balance with the imaging sensor
- Settings: AWB (Ambience priority, White priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, White
Fluorescent light, Flash, Custom, Colour Temperature Setting.
White balance compensation:
1. Blue/Amber bias +/-9 levels
2. Magenta/ Green bias +/-9 levels
- Custom White Balance: Yes, 1 setting can be registered
- WB Bracketing: +/-3 levels in single-level increments
3 bracketed images per shutter release.
Selectable Blue/Amber bias or Magenta/ Green bias.
- Type: Pentamirror
- Coverage (Vertical/Horizontal): Approx. 95 %
- Magnification: Approx. 0.82x
- Eyepoint: Approx. 19 mm (from eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptre Correction: -3 to +1 m-1 (dioptre)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed (Translucent LCD screen for information overlay)
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (Transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60, no mirror cut-off with EF 600mm f/4 IS USM or shorter)
- Viewfinder Information: AF information: AF points, focus confirmation, AF area selection modeExposure information: Shutter speed, aperture value, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level/compensation, spot metering circle, exposure warning, AEB.Flash information: Flash ready, high-speed sync, FE lock, flash exposure compensation, red-eye reduction light.
Image information: Card information, maximum burst (1 digit display), Highlight tone priority (D+).
Composition information: Grid, Electronic level, Aspect Ratio
Other information: Warning icon, Flicker Detection
- Depth of Field Preview: Yes, with the Depth of Field preview button.
- Eyepiece Shutter: On the strap
- Type: Vari angle touchscreen 7.7 cm (3.0″) 3:2 Clear View II TFT, approx. 1040 K sRGB dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100%
- Viewing Angle (horizontally/vertically): Approx 170°
- Coating: Anti smudge
- Brightness Adjustment: Adjustable to one of seven levels
- Display Options: (1) Quick Control Screen
(2) Camera settings
(3) Electronic Level
- Built-in Flash GN (ISO 100, meters): 12
- Built-in Flash Coverage: up to 17mm focal length (35mm equivalent: approx. 28mm)
- Built-in Flash recycle time: Approx. 3 seconds
- Modes: Auto, Manual flash, Integrated Speedlite Transmitter
- Red-Eye Correction: Yes – with red-eye reduction lamp
- X-sync: 1/200 sec
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/- 2 EV in 1/2 or 1/3 increments
- Flash Exposure Bracketing: Yes, with compatible External Flash
- Flash Exposure Lock: Yes
- Second Curtain Synchronisation: Yes
- HotShoe/ PC terminal: Yes/No
- External Flash Compatibility: E-TTL II with EX-series Speedlites, wireless optical multi-flash support
- External Flash Control: via the camera menu screen
- Modes: Scene Intelligent Auto (Stills and Movie), No Flash, Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, SCN(Group Photo, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, Food, Kids, Candlelight), Creative filters, Program AE, Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Manual (Stills and Movie)
- Picture Styles: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3)
- Colour Space: sRGB and Adobe RGB
- Image Processing: Highlight Tone Priority
Auto Lighting Optimizer (4 settings)
Long exposure noise reduction
High ISO speed noise reduction (4 settings)
Multi-Shot Noise Reduction
Auto-Correction of Lens Peripheral illumination, Chromatic aberration correction, Distortion correction, Diffraction correction
Creative filters (Grainy B/W, Soft focus, Fish-eye effect, Art bold effect, Water painting effect, Toy camera effect, Miniature effect, HDR art standard, HDR art vivid, HDR art bold, HDR art embossed)
RAW image processing – during image Playback only
Resize to M or S1, S2
- Drive modes: Single, Continuous L, Continuous H, Self-timer (2s+remote, 10s +remote)
- Continuous Shooting: Max. Approx. 6fps. (speed maintained until the card is full) (JPEG) (with UHS-I card), 27 images (RAW)(with UHS-I card))
Live View Mode.
- Coverage: Approx. 100% (horizontally and vertically)
- Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
- Focusing: Manual Focus (Magnify the image 5x or 10x at any point on screen)
Autofocus: Dual Pixel CMOS AF (Face detection and Tracking AF, FlexiZone-Multi, FlexiZone-Single)
One-shot AF and Servo AF selectable for Stills and Movie
- Metering: Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor.
Evaluative metering, partial metering, spot metering, center-weighted average metering.
- Display Options: Grid overlay (x3), Histogram, Electronic level
- Still Image Type: JPEG: Fine, Normal (Exif 2.30 [Exif Print] compliant) / Design rule for Camera File system (2.0)
RAW: 14bit, Canon original RAW 2nd edition
Digital Print Order Format [DPOF] Version 1.1 compliant
- RAW+JPEG simultaneous recording: RAW, RAW + L possible.
- Image Size: JPEG 3:2: (L) 6000 x 4000, (M) 3984 x 2656, (S1) 2976 x 1984, (S2) 2400×1600,
JPEG 4:3: (L) 5328×4000, (M) 3552×2664, (S1) 2656×1992, (S2) 2112×1600,
JPEG 16:9: (L) 6000×3368, (M) 3984×2240, (S1) 2976×1680, (S2) 2400×1344,
JPEG 1:1: (L) 4000×4000, (M) 2656×2656, (S1) 1984×1984, (S2) 1600×1600,
RAW: (RAW) 6000×4000
- Movie Type: MP4 (Video: H.264 Intra frame / inter-frame, Sound: Linear PCM / AAC, recording level can be manually adjusted by the user)
- Movie Size: 1920 x 1080 (59.94, 50 fps) inter-frame
1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25, 23.98 fps) inter frame
1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25) lite inter-frame
1280 x 720 (59.94, 50 fps) inter-frame
1280 x 720 (29.97, 25) lite inter-frame
640 x 480 (29.97, 25) inter-frame
640 x 480 (29.97, 25) lite interframe
- Movie Length: Max duration 29min 59sec, Max file size 4GB (If file size exceeds 4GB a new file will be created automatically)
- Folders: New folders can be manually created and selected
- File Numbering: (1) Consecutive numbering
(2) Auto reset
(3) Manual reset
- Custom Functions: 15 Custom Functions
- Metadata Tag: User copyright information (can be set in-camera)
Image rating (0-5 stars)
- LCD Panel / Illumination: Yes / Yes
- Intelligent Orientation Sensor: Yes
- Playback zoom: 1.5x – 10x
- Display Formats: (1) Single image with information (2 levels)
(2) Single image
(3) 4 image index
(4) 9 image index
(5) 36 image index
(6) 100 image index
(7) Jump Display
- Slide Show: Choose images with Image Search
Playback time: 1/2/3/5/10/20 seconds
Background music: On/Off
Transition effect: Off, Slide in 1, Slide-in 2, Fade 1, Fade 2, Fade 3
- Histogram: Brightness: Yes
- Highlight Alert: Yes
- Image Erase/Protection: Erase: Select image, select range, all images in a folder, all images on a card, all found images (during image search)
Protection: Single image, select range, all images in a folder, all images on a card, all found images (during image search)
- Menu Categories: (1) Shooting menu (x5)
(2) Playback menu (x3)
(3) Setup menu (x4)
(4) Display Options menu
(5) My Menu
- Menu Languages: 25 Languages
English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Firmware Update: Update possible by the user.
- Computer: Hi-Speed USB
- Other: Video output (PAL/ NTSC) (integrated with USB terminal), HDMI mini output (HDMI-CEC compatible), External microphone (3.5mm Stereo mini jack)
- Canon Printers: Canon Compact Photo Printers and PIXMA Printers supporting PictBridge
- PictBridge: Yes
- Type: SD, SDHC, SDXC (UHS Speed Class 1 compatible)
Supported Operating System.
- PC & Macintosh: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (With Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is installed) 13Mac OS X 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11 / 10.12
- Image Processing: Digital Photo Professional 4 (RAW Image Processing)
- Other: EOS Utility
EOS Lens Registration Tool
EOS Web Service Registration Tool
EOS Sample Music
Picture Style EditorCamera Connect app available on iOS and Android devices
- Batteries: 1 x Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E17
- Battery Life: Viewfinder: Approx. 600 (at 23°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
Viewfinder: Approx. 550 (at 0°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
Live View: Approve 270 (at 23°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
Live View: Approve 230 (at 0°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
- Battery Indicator: 4 levels
- Power Saving: Power turns off after 10/30 (10-sec viewfinder/30-sec live view, functions, image playback, etc) sec, 30 sec, 1, 2, 4, 8, or 15 mins.
- Power Supply & Battery Chargers: AC Adapter AC-E6(N), DC coupler: DR-E18, Battery charger LC-E17