30.4 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor.
The EOS 5D Mark IV camera boasts a full-frame, high-speed CMOS sensor that’s ideal for a broad range of applications with its remarkable high-resolution abilities. Measuring approximately 36.0mm x 24.0mm, the same size and ratio as a 35mm film frame, it records 30.4 effective Megapixels at normal ISOs of up to 32000. It also captures incredible still and 4K video clips suitable for significant post-processing, retouching, and cropping. Versatile in virtually all kinds of light and any shooting situation from print and wedding to full-bleed magazine spreads and other commercial or fine art use, the EOS 5D Mark IV consistently produces high-resolution 4K video and image files that are easily compatible with any number of diverse workflows
4K motion JPEG video.
The EOS 5D Mark IV is a remarkably capable video camera. Thanks to its impressive CMOS sensor and its high-speed DIGIC 6+ Image Processor, it can transition from taking still photographs to shooting videos in a near-instant, capturing Digital Cinema (DCI) standard 4K (Motion JPEG) videos of 4096 x 2160 pixels at up to 30 or 24 fps*. Adding to its versatility, it also supports the 4K broadcasting standard of 3840 x 2160 pixels with slight trimming on the left and right sides. Featuring advanced Live View operation and brilliantly responsive Dual Pixel CMOS AF, the EOS 5D Mark IV has a touch panel display with focus points that can easily be selected during operation, and quickly confirmed by selecting and saving an 8.8-Megapixel image with in-camera 4K still frame grab**. Along with capturing beautiful 4K videos, the EOS 5D Mark IV is equally able to shoot Full HD video at up to 60p plus HD at frame rates as high as 120p, ideal for smooth slow-motion video. It also supports both MOV and MP4 formats for a variety of applications right out of the camera.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF.
Adding to its powerful and portable design, the EOS 5D Mark IV camera utilizes Canon’s smooth, fast and intelligent Dual Pixel CMOS AF. Featuring two photodiodes per pixel and each pixel capable of phase-difference detection autofocus, the CMOS sensor can deliver fast and accurate AF throughout approximately 80% of the image plane. Able to detect shifts in movement at the pixel level, Dual Pixel CMOS AF enables continuous automatic AF and AF tracking that enhances overall camera operation for sharp still images and smooth, accurate focus transitions in movies. Working with the EOS 5D Mark IV’s 3.2″ touch panel LCD screen, Dual Pixel CMOS AF lets photographers select focus points throughout the frame with the touch of a finger, and confirm focus by zooming in on the image or enlarging stills grabbed from video recordings.
Excellent performance up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting.
The EOS 5D Mark IV camera is designed to keep up with the action. Its remarkable shutter, advanced AF and exposure, and image processing systems help ensure virtually instantaneous response and performance at up to 7.0 fps**, even at full resolution. Whether searching for a joyous expression on a bride’s face or capturing an athlete in action, the EOS 5D Mark IV doesn’t let file size compromise the speed of capture even when bracketing exposures of a complex lighting situation, helping photographers and moviemakers attain consistently high performance in many situations.
61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage.
To complement its stellar CMOS sensor and powerful processing abilities, the EOS 5D Mark IV camera incorporates a 61-point High-Density Reticular AF II system. It features up to 41 cross-type points and an extensive AF area that extends well into the top and bottom of the peripheral frame. It also has a wide subject tracking area that enhances the AF system with consistent focus tracking to capture the action at hand and includes Canon’s AI Servo AF III, which remembers the AF path and helps refine precision shot-to-shot. Low-light performance is phenomenal – the AF system’s low-intensity limit is EV -3 at the center AF point and all 61 AF points are compatible down to f/8 for excellent low-light performance, even with lens extenders attached. To help ensure that AF points and other shooting information are visible at a glance, the EOS 5D Mark IV also features Canon’s Intelligent Viewfinder II for a bright, customizable view. Whether choosing individual AF points manually or using one of the camera’s automatic AF selection modes, the EOS 5D Mark IV’s AF system is a significant part of its overall excellence. Buy Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera at the best price online from Tushop Digital Hub
- Type: Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex, camera
- Recording Media:
- CF card
- Type I drive (Type II and Microdrive non-supported.)
- UDMA Mode 7 supported.
- CFast cards cannot be used.
- SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
- UHS-I supported.
- MultiMediaCards (MMC) cannot be used (results in error).
- UHS-II is not supported. If a UHS-II card is used, it may be slower than a UHS-I (depends on the card specifications).
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF Lenses (excluding EF-S and EF-M lenses)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF Mount
- Type: CMOS sensor (Compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF)
- Pixels: Approx. 30.4 megapixels
- Pixel Unit: Approx. 5.36 µm square
- Total Pixels: Approx. 31.7 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter: Installed in front of the image sensor, non-detachable
- Dust Deletion Feature:
- Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
- Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
- Self-cleaning can be done automatically when the power is turned on/ off.
- After the cleaning is performed, the camera will automatically restart (Power OFF to ON).
- When you use Multi Shot Noise Reduction, Clean now cannot be selected.
- Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the EOS software DPP to automatically erase the dust spots.
- Manual cleaning
- Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
- Recording Format: Complies with the Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 and EXIF 2.3
- Image Format: Still Image: JPEG, RAW (14 bit Canon Original)
Video: MOV (4K video: Motion JPEG; Full HD and HD Movie: MPEG4 AVC/H.264*; Audio: Linear PCM), MP4 (Movie: MPEG4 AVC/H.264*; Audio: AAC)
- File Size:3:2 Aspect Ratio
Large/RAW: Approx. 30.1 Megapixels (6720 x 4480)
mRAW: Approx. 16.9 Megapixels (5040 x 3360)
Medium: Approx. 13.3 Megapixels (4464 x 2976)
Small 1/sRAW: Approx. 7.5 Megapixels (3360 x 2240)
Small 2: Approx. 2.5 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
Small 3: Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)4:3 Aspect Ratio
Large/RAW: Approx. 26.7 Megapixels (5952 x 4480)*
mRAW: Approx. 15.1 Megapixels (4480 x 3360)
Medium: Approx. 11.8 Megapixels (3968 x 2976)
Small 1/sRAW: Approx. 6.7 Megapixels (2976 x 2240)*
Small 2: Approx. 2.2 Megapixels (1696 x 1280)*
Small 3: Approx. 0.31 Megapixels (640 x 480)
16:9 Aspect Ratio
Large/RAW: Approx. 25.4 Megapixels (6720 x 3776)*
mRAW: Approx. 14.3 Megapixels (5040 x 2836)*
Medium: Approx. 11.2 Megapixels (4464 x 2512)*
Small 1/sRAW: Approx. 6.3 Megapixels (3360 x 1888)*
Small 2: Approx. 2.1 Megapixels (1920 x 1080)
Small 3: Approx. 0.29 Megapixels (720 x 408)*
1:1 Aspect Ratio
Large/RAW: Approx. 20.1 Megapixels (4480 x 4480)
mRAW: Approx. 11.3 Megapixels (3360 x 3360)
Medium: Approx. 8.9 Megapixels (2976 x 2976)
Small 1/sRAW: Approx. 5.0 Megapixels (2240 x 2240)
Small 2: Approx. 1.6 Megapixels (1280 x 1280)
Small 3: Approx. 0.23 Megapixels (480 x 480)
Values for Recording Pixels are rounded off to the nearest 10,000th or 1,000th.
JPEG images are generated in the set aspect ratio.
RAW images are generated in [3:2], and the set aspect ratio is appended.
- Recording Functions: Standard
Auto switch card
Record to multiple
- Backup Recording: N/A
- File Numbering: The following three types of file numbers can be set:
- Continuous numbering
- The numbering of captured images continues even after you replace the card.
- When you replace the card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
- Manual reset
- Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
- Continuous numbering
- RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording: Possible
- Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style: Auto
- In Scene Intelligent Auto, [Auto] will be set automatically.
- [Standard] is the default setting for [User Def. 1-3].
- Settings: Auto (Ambience priority/White priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy*, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom (Custom WB), Color Temperature
- Auto White Balance: Option between ambiance priority and white priority settings
- Color Temperature Compensation: Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
- Color Temperature Information Transmission: Provided
- Type: Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentaprism)
- Coverage: Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally (at approx. 21mm eyepoint)
- Magnification: Approx. 0.71
- EyePoint: Approx. 21mm (at -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptric Adjustment Correction: Adjustable from approx. -3.0 to +1.0 m-1 (dpt)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror
- Viewfinder Information: Displayed with transparent liquid crystal
- AF point information
- AF operation*
- Area AF frame
- Metering mode*
- Spot metering circle
- Image quality*
- Electronic level (dedicated indicator)*
- Digital Lens Optimizer*
- Battery (remaining capacity)*
- Dual Pixel RAW setting (shooting)*
- Shooting mode*
- Flicker detection*
- White balance*
- Warning symbol
- Drive mode*
- AF status indicator
- Depth Of Field Preview: Enabled with a depth of field preview button
- Type: TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with AF-dedicated sensor
- Focusing Modes:
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF (AI Servo AF III)
- AI Focus AF
- Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF automatically.
- Manual focus
- AF Point Selection:
Single-point Spot AF (Manual selection)
- Single-point AF (Manual selection)
- The checkmark cannot be removed from this option.
- AF point expansion (Manual selection, 4 points: Up, down, left, and right)
- AF point expansion (Manual selection, surrounding 8 points)
- Zone AF (Manual zone selection)
- All AF points are divided into nine focusing zones.
- Large Zone AF (Manual zone selection)
- All AF points are divided into three focusing zones.
- AF point Auto selection AF
- Active AF Point Indicator: Displayed in viewfinder with transparent LCD and on the LCD panel
- AF Assist Beam: Enable
IR AF assist beam only
- Metering Modes: 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
- 153,600 effective pixels (480 x 320)
EOS USA System with 252 zones (18 x 14) metering
- Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)
- Partial metering (center, approx. 6.1% of viewfinder)
- Spot metering (center, approx. 1.3% of viewfinder)
- AF point-linked spot metering not provided.
- Center-weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV 0-20 (at 73°F / 23°C , ISO 100)
- Exposure Control Systems: (1) Scene Intelligent Auto
(2) Program AE (shiftable)
(3) Shutter-priority AE (Safety shift possible)
(4) Aperture-priority AE (Safety shift possible)
(5) Manual exposure
(7) Custom shooting mode C1, C2, C3
- Exposure Compensation: Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3 or 1/2-stop increments
AEB: ±3 stops in 1/3 or 1/2-stop increments
* Indicated up to ±3 stops on the LCD panel and in the viewfinder. To set exposure compensation exceeding ±3 stops, you can use Quick Control.
- AE Lock: (1) Auto AE lock
·In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when the focus is achieved.
(2) Manual AE lock
·With AE lock button. (AE lock is updated each time you press the button.) Enabled in all metering modes.
- Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled
- Shutter Speeds: 1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.)
X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self Timer: 10-sec. self-timer, 2-sec. self-timer
- EOS Dedicated Speedlite: E-TTL II autoflash with all EX Series Speedlites
- Zooming to Match Focal Length: Provided
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- FE Lock: Provided
- External Flash Settings:
- External flash control
- Flash firing
- E-TTL II flash metering
- Flash sync. speed in Av mode
- Flash mode
- Radio transmission wireless flash shooting
- Optical transmission wireless flash shooting
- Flash ratio control
- Sync setting
- Flash exposure compensation
- Clear settings
- Flash Custom Function setting
- External flash control
- PC Terminal: Provided (no polarity)
- Drive Modes:
- Single shooting
- High-speed continuous shooting
- Low-speed continuous shooting
- Silent single shooting
- Silent continuous shooting
- 10-sec. self-timer/remote control
- 2-sec. self-timer/remote control
- Continuous Shooting Speed: High-speed continuous shooting: Max. approx. 7.0 fps
- With 1/500 sec. or faster shutter speed, maximum aperture (varies depending on the lens), with a fully-charged Battery Pack LP-E6N, and at room temperature (73°F/23°C).
- The maximum continuous shooting speed will decrease under the following shooting conditions:
- [Anti-flicker shoot.: Enabled] results in maximum approx. 6.6 fps.
- [Dual Pixel RAW: Enable] and RAW or RAW+JPEG image quality.
- [Digital Lens Optimizer: Enable] will greatly decrease the continuous shooting speed.
- The continuous shooting speed may become slower depending on the shutter speed, aperture, subject conditions, brightness, lens, flash use, temperature, battery type, remaining battery level, etc.
- With the AF mode set to One-Shot AF and the Image Stabilizer turned off when using the following lenses: EF 300mm f/4 L IS USM, EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM.
- In the AI Servo AF operation, the continuous shooting speed may become slower depending on the subject and the lens used.
- If you use Battery Pack LP-E6 and shoot in low temperatures (battery temperature is low), the high-speed continuous shooting speed may become slower.
- The continuous shooting speed may become slower if the remaining battery level is low or if you shoot under low-light conditions.
Live View Functions.
- Shooting Modes: Still photo and video recording
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF is possible with all EF lenses.
- Manual focus
- Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
- Metering Modes: Evaluative metering 315-zone (21 x 15)
Partial metering (approx. 6.3% of Live View screen)
Spot metering (approx. 2.7% of Live View screen)
Center-weighted average metering
- AE lock is possible. The active metering timer can be changed.
- Metering Range: EV 0-20 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
- Grid Display: 3×3
3×3 + diagonals
- Exposure Simulation: Possible
- Silent Shooting: Provided (Mode 1 and 2)
- File Format: MOV:
4K Video*: Motion JPEG
Full HD/HD Movie: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264Variable (averaged) bit rate Audio: Linear PCMMP4:
Movie: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264Variable (averaged) bit rate Audio: AAC*4K requires the following write speed requirements: CF UDMA7 (100MB/sec. or faster); SD UHS-I (90MB/sec. or higher)
- File Size: Recording Sizes:
4096 x 2160 (4K)*, 1920 x 1080 (Full HD), 1280 x 720 (HD)*4K requires the following write speed requirements: CF UDMA7 (100MB/sec. or faster); SD UHS-I (90MB/sec. or higher)
- Frame Rates: MOV:
4096 x 2160 (4K)*: 30 fps (29.97 fps) / 24 fps / 23.98 fps
1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 60 fps (59.94 fps) / 30 fps (29.97 fps) / 24 fps / 23.98 fps
1280 x 720 (HD): 120 fps (119.9 fps)MP4:
1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 60 fps (59.94 fps) / 30 fps (29.97 fps) / 24 fps / 23.98 fps*4K requires the following write speed requirements: CF UDMA7 (100MB/sec. or faster); SD UHS-I (90MB/sec. or higher)
- Canon Log: Available on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Body with Canon Log or by upgrading the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Body (non-Canon Log version)
- Focusing: Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Magnify the image by approx. 5x or 10x and focus manually (not possible during movie shooting).
- Exposure Compensation: Up to ±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size: 3.2-inch (Screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
3.19 in./8.10cm diagonal (2.65 in./6.74cm width, 1.77 in./4.49cm height)
- Pixels: Approx. 1.62 million dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100%
Viewing angle: 170° vertically and horizontally
- Brightness Control: Automatic Manually adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
- Coating: Clear View LCD II anti-smudge coating Anti-reflection coating
- Interface Languages: 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- On LCD Monitor: Electronic level indicates up to 360° roll and ±10° pitch in 1° increment. Precision has a margin of error of up to 1° for ±10°, and up to 3° for ±45°
- In Viewfinder: Electronic level indicates up to 7.5° roll left/right and ±4° pitch in 1° increment. Precision has a margin of error of up to 1° for ±10°, and up to 3° for ±45°
- Display Format: Single image display:
- No information display
- Basic information display
- Detailed shooting information display
Basic shooting information
White balance information
Picture Style information 1
Picture Style information 2
Color space/noise reduction information
Lens aberration correction information 1
Lens aberration correction information 2
IPTC information (First for EOS)
- 4-image index
- 9-image index
- 36-image index
- 100-image index
- Highlight Alert: With a single-image display (Info.) and a single-image display, the white areas with no image data will blink.
Quick Control Function.
- Items: Pressing the Quick Control button displays the Quick Control screen during viewfinder shooting, Live View shooting, movie shooting, and playback.
Image Protection and Erase.
- Protection: Erase protection can be applied or canceled for a single image (select image), all images in a folder, or all images on the card.
- Erase: Erase a single image (playback and erase image), selected images, all images in a folder or all images in a card.
- Compatible Printers: Images can be sent via Wi-Fi® to a PictBridge-compatible (Wireless LAN) printer and printed.
- Printable Images: Individual images
Specify images by folder
Specify all images in the card
- RAW images and movies cannot be specified for printing.
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format.
- DPOF: Compliant to DPOF Version 1.1
Direct Image Transfer.
- Compatible Images: JPEG images
- Custom Functions: 17 Custom Functions settable with the camera
- Custom Controls: Functions can be assigned to the following buttons:
- Shutter button halfway pressing
- AF-ON button
- AE lock button
- Depth of field preview button
- Lens AF stop button
- Multi-function button
- SET button
- Main Dial
- Quick Control Dial
- AF area selection button
- Camera User Setting: Current camera settings can be registered to C1, C2, and C3 on the Mode Dial.
- My Menu Registration: Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Functions can be registered.
Up to five, My Menu tabs can be added.
- USB Terminal:
- For computer communication
- For WFT-E7 (Ver.2.0) connection
- For Connect Station CS100 connection
- Video Out Terminal: HDMI Type C (Resolution switches automatically), CEC compatible Images can be displayed through the HDMI output and on the LCD monitor at the same time. Images will not be displayed unless [NTSC] or [PAL] is properly set according to the video system of the TV set.
- Battery: Battery Pack LP-E6N (or LP-E6) x 1
- With the AC Adapter + DC Coupler, AC power is possible.
- When the Battery Grip BG-E20 is used, two battery packs (LP-E6N or LP-E6) can be installed.
- Battery Check: Automatic battery check when the power switch is turned ON. Displayed in 6 levels.
- Battery level is displayed on the LCD panel and in the viewfinder.
- One of six levels displayed for LP-E6N and LP-E6. The display for other power sources is different.
- Power Saving: Power turns off after the set time (1, 2, 4, 8, 15, or 30 min.) of non-operation elapses.
- Even when you set the date, time, or zone and 1, 2, or 4 min. is set, it will take 6 min. for auto power off to take effect.
- Date/Time Battery: Built-in secondary battery
When fully charged, the date/time can be maintained for approx. 3 months
- Recharge time: approx. 8 hr.
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.1 sec
- Based on CIPA testing standards
Dimensions and Weight.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 5.93 x 4.58 x 2.99 in. / 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9mm
- Weight: Approx. 31.39 oz. / 890g (Including battery, CF card and SD memory card)
Approx. 28.22 oz. / 800g (Body only; without battery, card, body cap and eyecup)
- Working Temperature Range: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Working Humidity Range: 85% or less