Design that makes sense.
With instinctive controls and a touchscreen that feels just like your smartphone, the EOS 200D is easy to use from the start. Shoot with a bright optical viewfinder to see the world as it really is, or a Vari-Angle screen that rotates to help you shoot from unusual perspectives.
Photos you’ll love for years to come.
Shoot 24.2-megapixel photos that are rich with detail and colour and look fantastic straight from the camera – perfect for big prints, photobooks and on-line galleries and great for telling stories with your photos. We’ve given the EOS 200D a DIGIC 7 processor so it can capture pictures in low-light conditions, and Dual Pixel CMOS AF for the world’s fastest Live View focusing.
Shoot shallow focus.
The EOS 200D’s large APS-C sensor makes it easy to shoot with shallow depth of field – ideal for portraits. Keep faces pin-sharp against a beautifully blurry background. It’s an approach used by professional photographers the world over.
More portable. More photos. In more places.
The EOS 200D is designed to be carried without weighing you down so you can enjoy DSLR photography in more places. Take it on holiday, to parties and celebrations, or just out for a walk when you’re feeling creative.
How will you shoot?
However you like to use a camera, the EOS 200D delivers the same fast focusing and speedy responsive performance. Shoot using a lag-free optical viewfinder that shows the world as it really is, or compose using a smartphone-like Vari-Angle display and enjoy the world’s fastest Live View AF. Buy Canon 200D DSLR Camera at the best price online from Tushop Online – Tuxevo Nairobi Kenya.
- Type: Approx. 22.3 mm x 14.9 mm
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 24.20 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 25.80 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Low Pass Filter: Built-in/Fixed
- Sensor Cleaning: EOS integrated cleaning system
- Colour Filter Type: Primary Colour
- Type: DIGIC 7
- Lens Mount: EF/EF-S
- Focal Length: Equivalent to 1.6x the focal length of the lens
- Image Stabilisation: Optical Image Stabilizer on compatible lenses
Type: Via optical viewfinder: TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with AF-dedicated sensor.
Via LiveView on LCD screen: Dual Pixel CMOS AF System. Phase detection pixels built onto imaging sensor
AF System/ Points: Via optical viewfinder: 9-point Center AF point is AF cross-type supporting f/5.6. Center AF point is vertical line-sensitive supporting f/2.8. Other AF points are vertical line-sensitive or horizontal line-sensitive AF supporting f/5.6.
Via LiveView on LCD screen: Maximum 143 AF points via camera automatic selection Freely position 1 AF point/1 AF Zone (9 points, 3×3 grid) via manual selection
AF working range: Via optical viewfinder: EV -0.5 – 18 (center AF point) EV 0.5 – 18 (other AF points)
Via LiveView on LCD screen: EV -2 – 18 (at 23 °C & ISO 100) with One-Shot AF
- AF Modes: AI Focus, One Shot, AI Servo (AI Servo II algorithm)
AF Point Selection: Via optical viewfinder:
Automatic selection: 9 point AF
Manual selection: Single point AF
- Selected AF point display: Indicated by a transmissive LCD in viewfinder and Quick Control screen
- AF Lock: Locked when shutter button is pressed half way in One Shot AF mode or AF-ON Button is pressed.
- AF Assist Beam: Intermittent firing of built-in flash (effective range up to 4.0 m) or emitted by optional dedicated Speedlite
- Manual Focus: Selected on lens
Metering modes: Via optical viewfinder:
63-zone dual-layer metering sensor with Evaluative, partial, spot (centre only) and centre-weighted average available
Via LiveView on LCD screen:
(1) Evaluative metering (315 zones)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 6.0 % of LCD screen)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 2.6 % of LCD screen)
(4) Center-weighted average metering
- Metering Range: Via optical viewfinder: EV 1 – 20 (at 23 °C with 50 mm f/1.4 lens ISO 100) Via LiveView on LCD screen: EV -2 – 20 (at 23 °C, ISO 100, evaluative metering)
AE Lock: Auto: In One-shot AF mode with evaluative metering exposure is locked when focus is achieved.
Manual: By AE Lock Button in creative zone modes.
- Exposure Compensation: +/-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).
- AEB: 3 shots +/-2 EV 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments
ISO Sensitivity: Auto (100-25600), 100-25600 (in whole stop increments) ISO can be expanded to H: 51200
During Movie shooting: Auto (100-12800), 100-12800 (in 1/3-stop or whole stop increments) ISO can be expanded to H: 25600
- Type: Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter
- Speed: 30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Type: Auto white balance with the imaging sensor
Settings: AWB (Ambience priority, White priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, White
Fluorescent light, Flash, Custom, Colour Temperature Setting.
White balance compensation:
1. Blue/Amber bias +/-9 levels
2. Magenta/ Green bias +/-9 levels
- Custom White Balance: Yes, 1 setting can be registered
WB Bracketing: +/-3 levels in single level increments
3 bracketed images per shutter release.
Selectable Blue/Amber bias or Magenta/Green bias.
- Type: Pentamirror
- Coverage (Vertical/Horizontal): Approx. 95%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.87x
- Eyepoint: Approx. 19 mm (from eyepiece lens centre)
- Dioptre Correction: -3 to +1 m-1 (dioptre)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed (Translucent LCD screen for information overlay)
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (Transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60, no mirror cut-off with EF 600mm f/4 IS USM or shorter)
Viewfinder Information: AF information: AF points, focus confirmation, AF area selection mode
Exposure information: Shutter speed, aperture value, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level/compensation, spot metering circle, exposure warning, AEB.
Flash information: Flash ready, high-speed sync, FE lock, flash exposure compensation, red-eye reduction light.
Image information: Card information, maximum burst (1 digit display), Highlight tone priority (D+).
Other information: Warning icon, Flicker Detection
- Depth of field preview: Yes, with Depth of Field preview button.
- Eyepiece shutter: On strap
- Type: Vari angle touchscreen 7.7 cm (3.0″) 3:2 Clear View II TFT, approx. 1040 K sRGB dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100%
- Viewing Angle (horizontally/vertically): Approx. 170°
- Brightness: Adjustable to one of seven levels
Display Options: Quick Control Screen
- Built-in Flash GN (ISO 100, meters): 9.8
- Built-in Flash Coverage: up to 18mm focal length (35mm equivalent: 29mm)
- Built-in Flash recycle time: Approx. 3 seconds
- Modes: Auto, Manual, Flash
- Red Eye Reduction: Yes – with red-eye reduction lamp
- X-Sync: 1/200 sec
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/- 2 EV in 1/2 or 1/3 increments
- Flash Exposure Bracketing: Yes, with compatible External Flash
- Flash Exposure Lock: Yes
- Second Curtain Synchronisation: Yes
- HotShoe/ PC terminal: Yes/No
- External Flash Compatibility: E-TTL II with EX series Speedlites, wireless optical multi-flash support
- External Flash Control: via camera menu screen
- Modes: Scene Intelligent Auto (Stills and Movie), No Flash, Creative Auto, SCN(Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Group Photo, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, Food, Kids, Candlelight), Creative filters, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual (Stills and Movie), Self Portrait
- Picture Styles: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3)
- Colour Space: sRGB and Adobe RGB
Image Processing: Highlight Tone Priority
Auto Lighting Optimizer (4 settings)
Long exposure noise reduction
High ISO speed noise reduction (4 settings)
Multi Shot Noise Reduction
Auto Correction of Lens Peripheral illumination, Chromatic aberration correction, Distortion correction, Diffraction correction
Creative filters (Grainy B/W, Soft focus, Fish-eye effect, Water painting effect, Toy camera effect, Miniature effect, HDR art standard, HDR art vivid, HDR art bold, HDR art embossed)
Resize, Crop (JPEG only)
- Drives Modes: Single, Continuous L, Continuous H, Self timer (2s+remote, 10s +remote)
- Continuous Shooting: Max. Approx. 5 fps.
Live View Mode.
- Coverage: Approx. 100% (horizontally and vertically)
- Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
Focusing: Manual Focus (Magnify the image 5x or 10x at any point on screen)
Autofocus: Dual Pixel CMOS AF (Face detection and Tracking AF, FlexiZone-Multi, FlexiZone-Single)
One-shot AF and Servo AF selectable for Stills and Movie
Metering: Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor.
Evaluative metering, partial metering, spot metering, center-weighted average metering.
- Display Options: Grid overlay (x3), Histogram
Still Image Type: JPEG: Fine, Normal (Exif 2.30 [Exif Print] compliant) / Design rule for Camera File system (2.0)
RAW: 14bit, Canon original RAW 2nd edition
Digital Print Order Format [DPOF] Version 1.1 compliant
- RAW+JPEG simultaneous recording: RAW, RAW + L possible.
Image Size: JPEG 3:2: (L) 6000 x 4000, (M) 3984 x 2656, (S1) 2976 x 1984, (S2) 2400×1600,
JPEG 4:3: (L) 5328×4000, (M) 3552×2664, (S1) 2656×1992, (S2) 2112×1600,
JPEG 16:9: (L) 6000×3368, (M) 3984×2240, (S1) 2976×1680, (S2) 2400×1344,
JPEG 1:1: (L) 4000×4000, (M) 2656×2656, (S1) 1984×1984, (S2) 1600×1600,
RAW: (RAW) 6000×4000
Movie Type: MP4 (Video: H.264 inter frame, Sound: Linear PCM / AAC, recording level can be manually adjusted by user)
MOV (Video: H.264 All-I Full HD, no sound) – time-lapse movie only
Movie Size: 1920 x 1080 (59.94, 50 fps) inter-frame
1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25, 23.98 fps) inter-frame
1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25) lite inter-frame
1280 x 720 (59.94, 50 fps) inter-frame
1280 x 720 (29.97, 25) lite inter-frame
640 x 480 (29.97, 25) inter-frame
640 x 480 (29.97, 25) lite inter-frame
- Movie Length: Max duration 29min 59sec
- Folders: New folders can be manually created and selected
File Numbering: Consecutive numbering
- Custom Functions: 11 Custom Functions
Metadata Tag: User copyright information (can be set in camera)
Image rating (0-5 stars)
- LCD Panel/ Illumination: Yes / Yes
- Intelligent Orientation Sensor: Yes
- Playback Zoom: 1.5x – 10x
Display Formats: (1) Single image with information (2 levels)
(2) Single image
(3) 4-image index
(4) 9-image index
(5) 36-image index
(6) 100-image index
(7) Jump Display
Slide Show: Choose images with Image Search
Playback time: 1/2/3/5/10/20 seconds
Background music: On/Off
Transition effect: Off, Slide in 1, Slide in 2, Fade 1, Fade 2, Fade 3
Histogram: Brightness: Yes
- High Alert: Yes
Image Erase/Protection: Erase: Select image, select range, all images in folder, all images on a card, all found images (during image search)
Protection: Single image, select range, all images in folder, all images on a card, all found images (during image search)
Menu Categories: Menu interface adjustable by the user between standard and guided
(1) Shooting menu
(2) Playback menu
(3) Setup menu
(4) My Menu
Menu Languages: 25 Languages
English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Firmware Update: Update possible by the user.
- Computer: Hi-Speed USB only
- WiFi: Wi-Fi (2.4GHz) Channels: IEEE802.11b, IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11n
WiFi Security: Camera Access Point: WPA2-PSK with AES encryption or open
Infrastructure: Shared key, with WEP encryption, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK with TKIP/AES encryption or open
- Bluetooth: BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy Technology)
- NFC: Included
- Other: Video output (PAL/ NTSC) (integrated with USB terminal), HDMI mini output (HDMI-CEC compatible), External microphone (3.5mm Stereo mini jack)
- Canon Printers: Canon Compact Photo Printers and PIXMA Printers supporting PictBridge
- PictBridge: Wireless or WIFI Pictbridge only
- Type: SD, SDHC, SDXC (UHS Speed Class 1 compatible)
Supported Operating System.
PC & Macintosh: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (With Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is installed)
Mac OS X 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11 / 10.12
- Image Processing: Digital Photo Professional 4 (RAW Image Processing)
Other: EOS Utility
EOS Lens Registration Tool
EOS Web Service Registration Tool
EOS Sample Music
Picture Style Editor
Camera Connect app available on iOS and Android devices
- Batteries: 1 x Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E17
Battery Life: Viewfinder: Approx. 650 (at 23°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
Viewfinder: Approx. 620 (at 0°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
Live View: Approx. 260 (at 23°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
Live View: Approx. 240 (at 0°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
- Battery Indicator: 4 levels
- Power Saving: Power turns off after 10/30 (10 sec viewfinder/30 sec Live View, functions, image playback etc.) sec, 30 sec, 1, 2, 4, 8, or 15 mins.
- Power Supply & Battery Chargers: AC Adapter AC-E6(N), DC coupler: DR-E18, Battery charger LC-E17