MacBook Pro 13 2020 (MXK72) specs and price in Kenya
|Display||13.3‑inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology|
|Processor||1.4GHz quad‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5|
|Graphics||Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645|
|RAM||8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3|
|Internal Storage||512GB SSD|
|USB Port||2 Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) ports|
|Camera||720p FaceTime HD camera|
|Battery||Built‑in 58.2‑watt-hour lithium‑polymer battery|
|Power Adapter||61W USB‑C Power Adapter|
MacBook Pro 13 2020 (MXK72) detailed description
When it comes to performance, MacBooks are one of the most powerful portable PCs you can get in the market. They are meant to address any workload a user may want to use the MacBook to address.
MacBook Pro 13 2020 is the latest 13″ inch MacBook in the market with some improvements that make it better than its predecessor. MacBook Pro 13 2020 is meant for everyone. Whether you are a Gamer, a Content Creator, or an IT person, MacBook Pro 13 2020 is the best available laptop for you.
When it comes to Photography, editing High-Resolution photos can be a headache. But using Affinity Photo in the new MacBook Pro 13 2020, you can edit and retouch HD images at fast speeds like never before, saving time and allowing you to work on multiple projects without any worries of one project taking too long and slowing other projects.
For Coding, MacBook Pro 13 2020 lets you build and compile codes, and run multiple virtual machines at a faster rate compared to the old model. MacBook Pro 13 2020 will not lag no matter how many programs you’re running.
For Video Editors, Final Cut Pro X runs smoothly and supports multiple videos and audio channels at the same time. You get a reduction in rendering time so that you can finish your projects timely.
When it comes to Audio, you can use Logic Pro X to create high-quality music.
For Gamers, MacBook Pro 13 2020 is currently in the best solution in the market. MacBook Pro 13 2020 supports intensive-graphics gaming titles that make other laptops drop frame rates.
All information in a computer is stored on an internal storage drive. The speed at which the computer retrieves information depends on the type of storage being used whether its an SSD drive or an HDD drive. When it comes to storage, SSDs are the best type of storage compared to Hard Disks (HDDs). HDD drives are made of magnetic tape and come with moving parts (small disks). Content is stored in different small disks and retrieving them takes time. On the other hand, SSDs are flash storages with no moving parts where information is stored on a single system making retrieval of information quick. The MacBook Pro 13 2020 SSD drive is one of the fastest SSDs drives in the market and can reach speeds of up to 3.0GB/s when transmitting data.
Computer keyboards are one of the most important features of a laptop. The keyboard is how we interact with the computer. Without keyboards, it will be pretty hard to do anything with our laptops. Anyone who owned the previous MacBook Pro hated the Keyboard. The keyboard which was known as ‘Butterfly Keyboard’ had a poor travel space between keys, which made typing very difficult. To compound the issue, some keyboards just stopped working making people incur additional costs of fixing the keyboard.
MacBook Pro 13 2020 comes with an improved keyboard. The new ‘Scissor Keyboard’ comes with a 1mm travel which is superb for typing. The arrow keys come in inverted-T which is good for quick scrolling. The keyboard also brings back a dedicated Escape key.
Best Display and Audio on a Laptop.
MacBook Pro 13 2020 comes with one of the best displays you can find on a laptop. The Retina display with LED backlighting supports P3 wide color which offers 25% more colors compared to sRGB displays used by other laptops. Combined with True-Tone Technology, you get a display that shows true-to-life colors while automatically adjusting the brightness so that you don’t struggle when using MacBook Pro 13 2020
To address the issue of trying to use your laptop outdoors, were you can’t see what’s on your display even with brightness level at 100%, MacBook Pro 13 2020 comes with 500nits of brightness. 500nits of brightness makes the display bright enough so you to use it even under direct sunlight. As you can see, the MacBook Pro 13 2020 display is truly one of the best displays currently in the market.
Most laptops come with poor audio. The audio system usually transmits low sound and any effort to increase the sound distorts the sound quality pretty badly. MacBook Pro 13 2020 has Wide Stereo sound that projects sound wider than normal dimensions. The sound still retains its quality letting you sit back with your MacBook Pro 13 2020 on the table and listen to content without any problems.
Laptops come with many ports that create cable clutter and can be confusing at times since some ports perform the same functions but come in different configurations requiring the adoption of different cables for each port. Imagine if laptops came with a port that you can use to charge your laptop, transfer data, and connect your laptop to other devices saving you the need to have multiple cables and the stress of trying to figure out what each cable is for. Fortunately, that port exists and is known as Thunderbolt 3 which MacBook Pro 13 2020 comes with. With Thunderbolt 3, you have a single uniform port that can be used for a wide range of functions.
- Retina display
- 13.3‑inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560‑by‑1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions: 1680 by 1050; 1440 by 900; 1024 by 640
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- True Tone technology
- 1.4GHz quad‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz, with 128MB of eDRAM
- Configurable to 1.7GHz quad‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz, with 128MB of eDRAM
- 512GB SSD
- Configurable to 1TB or 2TB SSD
- 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- Configurable to 16GB of memory
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645
Charging and Expansion.
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
Keyboard and Trackpad.
Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 65 (U.S.) or 66 (ISO) keys including 4 arrow keys in an inverted‑T arrangement
- Touch Bar
- Touch ID sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure‑sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure‑sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- 802.11ac Wi‑Fi wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One external 5K display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors, or
- Up to two external 4K displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers with high dynamic range
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5mm headphone jack
Battery and Power.
- Up to 10 hours wireless web
- Up to 10 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
- Built‑in 58.2‑watt-hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 61W USB‑C Power Adapter
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: −13° to 113° F (−25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weight.
- Height: 0.61 inch (1.56 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 3.1 pounds (1.4 kg)
- macOS: macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Catalina brings dedicated apps for music, TV, and podcasts. Smart updates to the apps you use most. And Sidecar, which lets you use an iPad as a second display. So you can take everything you do above and beyond.