Macbook Air 2020 (MWTK2) specs and price in Kenya
|Display||13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology|
|Processor||1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i3|
|Graphics||Intel Iris Plus Graphics|
|RAM||8GB of 3733MHz LPDDR4X|
|Internal Storage||256GB PCIe-based SSD|
|Camera||720p FaceTime HD camera|
|USB Port||2 Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)|
|Battery||Built-in 49.9‑watt-hour lithium‑polymer|
|Power Adapter||30W USB-C|
Macbook Air 2020 (MWTK2) detailed description
MacBook Air (2020).
MacBook Air is a budget laptop in the MacBook lineup. The previous MacBook Air had a lot of issues that the current has attempted to fix. The MacBook Air 2020 comes with an improved Retina Display, powerful processor, and a new Magic Keyboard. MacBook Air is also environmentally friendly seeing as it is made from 100% recycled aluminum. And although MacBook Air is a cheap laptop, it still more powerful than other laptops you can get at its price range.
MacBook Air comes with a 13.3″ inch Retina display with a 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution. The display true-to-life colors that are extraordinary making viewing your content more enjoyable. And with the help of TrueTone Technology, which automatically adjusts the brightness levels, you get to use your MacBook Air in any lighting condition. Not to forget that the display stretches almost from edge-to-edge to give a more fully immersive viewing angle.
MacBook Air is one of the better performing laptops you can have at its price range. It comes with a 1.1GHz Dual-core Intel Core i3 with a Turbo Boost of up to 3.2GHz, with a 4MB L3 cache. The processor works in hand with Intel Iris Graphics to enable you to game hard, do graphics design, as well as edit videos and audio with no difficulties. The processor is assisted by an 8GB RAM to carry out all its functions with 256GB SSD of internal storage enough to store all your data.
Improved Keyboard and TouchPad.
As previously mentioned, the previous MacBook Air had a lot of issues. One of the major issues was the keyboard which had the arrow keys all wrong with the travel between keys making it impossible to type. The new Magic Keyboard comes with a 1mm travel that makes typing easy and returns the inverted ‘T’ arrow keys that make it easier to scroll. The keyboard also comes with backlighting to enable you to work in dark settings comfortably.
MacBook Air comes with an improves TouchPad. The TouchPad is 20% larger to help you to carry out multitouch gestures comfortably. It also comes with improved sensitivity to help you be precise in your work.
Great Media Devices.
MacBook Air comes with improved stereo speakers expertly designed to sound better so that you enjoy listening to your content. The volume has been increased to be 25% louder with 2X the bass. The FaceTime HD camera lets you facetime with your friends, family, and acquittances. And with the 3 microphones, your get to be heard clearly with no distortion.
Macbook Air 2020 (MWTK2) Silver.
- Retina Display: 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- 16:10 aspect ratio
- True Tone technology
- Touch ID sensor
- 1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i3, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz, with 4MB L3 cache
- Configurable to 1.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz, with 6MB L3 cache; or 1.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz, with 8MB L3 cache
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Support for Thunderbolt 3–enabled external graphics processors (eGPUs)
- 8GB of 3733MHz LPDDR4X RAM (Configurable to 16GB of memory)
- 256GB PCIe-based SSD Internal Storage (Configurable to 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB SSD)
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One external 6K display with 6016-by-3384 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors, or
- One external 5K display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors, or
- Up to two external 4K displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, and Thunderbolt 2 output using adapters (sold separately)
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports (with support for Charging; DisplayPort)
- Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Keyboard & TrackPad.
- Backlit Magic Keyboard with: 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys in an inverted-T arrangement; Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- Up to 11 hours wireless web
- Up to 12 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
- Built-in 49.9‑watt-hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter; USB-C power port
- Height: 0.41–1.61 cm (0.16–0.63 inch)
- Width: 30.41 cm (11.97 inches)
- Depth: 21.24 cm (8.36 inches)
- Weight: 1.29 kg (2.8 pounds)
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: −25° to 45° C (−13° to 113° F)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 3000 meters (10,000 feet)
- Maximum storage altitude: 4500 meters (15,000 feet)
- Maximum shipping altitude: 10,500 meters (35,000 feet)
Macbook Air 2020 (MWTK2) review and unboxing videos: