Ookla, often referred to as Speedtest.web, is a internet platform that suppliers unfastened research of web efficiency metrics, together with speeds and latency.
The platform has launched some key insights about web metrics in Kenya in a Q1 Marketplace File.
The details from the record come with the next:
- Safaricom had the quickest Velocity Rating amongst cellular suppliers in Kenya all through Q1 2021 at 29.80 in addition to the highest cellular Consistency Rating (86.3%) and best 4G Availability (88.1%).
- Mombasa had the quickest imply cellular obtain velocity at 27.79 Mbps whilst Nairobi was once the quickest over mounted broadband with a obtain velocity of twenty-two.65 Mbps.
- Faiba had the quickest mounted broadband Velocity Rating at 22.70 and perfect Consistency Rating at 44.0%.
Extra information about the quickest cellular operators are in keeping with checks carried out on 4 carriers: Safaricom, Airtel, Telkom and Faiba.
As mentioned, Safaricom led the pack with a Velocity Rating of 29.80. It was once then adopted via Airtel, Faiba, and Telkom at 17.80, 12.33 and seven.12, respectively.
Ookla has additionally published latency stats (the time taken for knowledge to get to its vacation spot throughout a community) for Kenya’s suppliers all through the primary quarter of 2021.
Faiba had the bottom latency at 31 ms. It was once adopted via Airtel, Telkom and Safaricom at 32, 35 and 36 ms respectively.
That’s now not all; the platform has additionally published the Consistency Rating for the provider. As anticipated, Safaricom leads the crowd with a Rating of 86.3%.
- Safaricom – 86.3%.
- Airtel – 79.6%
- Faiba – 60.5%
- Telkom – 50.7%
Whilst those carriers be offering 4G products and services, the most productive connections have been equipped via Safaricom. at
- Safaricom – 88.1%
- Airtel at 78.6%
Different operators weren’t ranked.
So, that have been the quickest telephones in relation to obtain, add speeds and latency? Smartly, all of them are made via Apple and rank as follows:
- iPhone XS Max (obtain: 38.39 Mbps; add: 16.87 Mbps)
- iPhone 11 Professional Max (obtain: 38.12 Mbps; add: 17.91 Mbps)
- iPhone 11 Professional (obtain: 36.38 Mbps; add: 17.22 Mbps)
- iPhone X (obtain: 32.68 Mbps; add: 16.41 Mbps)
- iPhone 11 (obtain: 30.56 Mbps; add: 16.81 Mbps)
Relating to the details above, Mombasa registered the best imply cellular obtain speeds amongst Kenya’s maximum populous towns.
- Mombasa – Obtain at 27.79 Mbps
- Nairobi – Obtain at 24.60 Mbps
- Nakuru – Obtain at 21.60 Mbps
- Kisumu – Obtain at 19.64 Mbps
- Eldoret – Obtain at 19.26 Mbps
For mounted broadband connections, Faiba was once the quickest with a Velocity Rating of twenty-two.70.
- Faiba – 22.70
- Safaricom – 12.73
- Unwired Communications Restricted – 12.12
- Telkom – 10.32
- AccessKenya – 7.89
Ookla has additionally calculated the imply latency for best broadband suppliers on the time of the overview.
- Unwired Communications Restricted – 17 ms
- Faiba – 23 ms
- Telkom – 30 ms
- Safaricom – 35 ms
- AccessKenya – 46 ms
Faiba has the best consistency rating in Q1, and is ranked as follows amongst opponents:
- Faiba – 44.0%
- Unwired Communications Restricted – 21.2%
- Safaricom – 20.0%
- Telkom – 19.4%
- AccessKenya – 12.0%
Finally are broadband town speeds, of which Nairobi leads this time round:
- Nairobi – Down: 22.65 Mbps
- Eldoret – Down: 20.44 Mbps
- Mombasa – Down: 19.25 Mbps
- Kisumu – Down: 15.68 Mbps
- Nakuru – Down: 14.19 Mbps